Sunday, December 4, 2011

A New Blog

Well, I'm on the blog bandwagon. Why not! I'm often a little late with new trends and I am NOT a social media butterfly to say the least. The title on this blog states musings of an empty nester. This is not an alternate option for a journal to pour out my woes and innermost feelings, but a jumble of the things that I find interesting, entertaining, enjoyable and infuriating in my current life now that the kiddos have 'flown from the nest' so to speak.

I am a bit of a loner by choice, enjoy my home and my family and close friends and do not have to be in a social circle to be content. I work in healthcare, hard work emotionally with long hours so when I leave for the day I want leave it behind.

I love to garden. Digging in the dirt is good for the soul and I truly believe this. I like to create things, redecorate, reuse and remake things. I love the peace and tranquility of my home and the privacy of my yard. I like to make stained glass panels, I love to find really great bargains when I shop, and I absolutely REFUSE to pay full price for anything that I can find for less. I love my pets and it saddens me to see them growing old. I used to like to cook. I am trying to re-like to cook.

This blog will be about these things.. my current life and what I am doing with it!
So, that said, I hope whomever chooses to read this, if anyone does, will find it at least a little entertaining, informative, or whatever it is they are reaching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment